A Content Management System (CMS) allows you to update the content of your website, so you don’t need to keep asking the web designing company or web agency to make amends for you.
It’s as easy as pie, or so the expression goes. This expression is confusing because creating pies isn’t easy, just as creating web content isn’t easy, but a Content Management System will make web content management easy.
The CMS allows you to make the changes yourself very easily, here’s an example of how to change some text:
1. Go to www.yourcompanynamehere.co.uk/admin and login:
2. Select the web page you want to edit:
3. Edit your page:
And that’s how you change the text on your own website, it doesn’t make you a web page designer but it does help keep your website design costs down. With a simple and easy to use CMS you can:
- Add, edit and delete pages and images
- Edit keywords and descriptions for Google and other search engines
- Set-up users and their permissions and access to different pages
- Easily embed videos e.g. Youtube
- Carry out minor web page design changes
- Search engine friendly
- Text editor similar to Word
- Web based so you can access it from anywhere
- Secure login
Depending on the requirements for individual projects we will recommend a CMS that suits the needs of your project. We work with a number of different Content Management Systems; WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal and cmsmadesimple. We also provide bespoke development if required.
If you would like to discuss your content management needs, we would love to hear from you, please call Helen on 0845 313 6220 or email email@example.com